|Dial In Your Cool-Down Routine|
Dial in your cool-down routine with these four steps immediately after you are done working out.
1. 3min of nasal breathing. Catch your breath once your session is over, and as soon as you can, start breathing in and out of just your nose.
2. Legs up. You can do this during your 3 minutes of nasal breathing. The goal is here to help your body return the blood that may have pooled in your biggest muscle (legs) and return it to your heart, lungs, and brain.
3. Stretch. Sit into a “couch stretch” or follow your favorite static stretching routine after your workout.
4. Fuel Up. Sit down for a proper meal as soon as you can post-workout.
THE WEEK AHEAD:
Mon: Strength: Front Squats, Workout: Wall Balls, Row, Alt Overhead Wall Ball Lunges
Tues: Strength: Pausing Clean Deadlifts, Clean Pull, Workout: Bar Muscle Ups, Deadlifts
Wed: Strength: Pausing Split Jerks, Workout: Push Jerk, Run, Burpees, Sit-Ups
Thurs: Workout: Bike, Strict Pull-Ups, Alt DB Farmers Box Step Ups, Alt No Push Up Renegade Row, Double Unders
Fri: Strength: Pausing Snatch Deadlift, Snatch Pull, Workout: Toes to Bar, Overhead Squats
Sat: Workout: Row, DB Floor Press, Ring Rows
Sun: Workout: Box Jumps, Jumping Pull-Ups, KettleBell Swings, Walking Lunges, Knees to Elbow, Push Press, Back Extensions, Wall Balls, Burpees, Double Unders
#MAINLINEMONDAY; CFML’S HIGH POWERED OPEN GYM WORKOUT OF THE WEEK:
Today’s workout is programmed by two-times Games Athlete Jamie Hagiya.
10 Rounds for Time:
15 Hang Power Snatches (75/55)
20 Air Squats
• For intermediate athletes, scale hang power snatch repetitions to 12 and air squats to 16
• For beginner athletes, scale rounds to 8, hang power snatch reps to 10, and air squat reps until 12, using empty barbell for hang snatches
Advice from our coaches:
This workout is designed to be aerobic and light weight to keep you moving. Try to keep the snatches unbroken, or 2-3 sets when the fatigue sets in. But try to hang on, push past your limits, and don’t forget to enjoy the process!
Check your inbox and texts for a special offer this September. Check here
Are you looking to jump start your post summer fitness? Join the community in our October 3k Cal Challenge. In the month of October, accumulate 3000 calories across any machine. Calories in WODs count and you can participate before or after class, at your own home gym or even during open gym! Simply sign- up old school style on the whiteboards at your most frequented location.
Check out our Teens and Kids Program!
- Kids – Thursdays 4:30 and Saturdays 1pm
- Juniors – Mondays 4:30, Thursdays 5:15, Saturdays 2pm
- Teens – Mon/Wed/Thurs 3:45 and Sundays at 11am
- Kids – Saturdays 11am
- Juniors – Saturdays 11:30am
- Teens – Tuesdays/Thursdays 3:30, Sundays 12 (noon)
#FEARLESSFRIDAY; CFML’S CALORIE TORCHING, MUSCLE BUILDING WORKOUT OF THE WEEK:
4 ROUNDS FOR TIME:
22 Toes to Bar
11 Overhead Squats (165/115)|(125/85)
*Each time you break during a set of 22 T2B…perform 10 Jumping Air Squats to 6″ Target. Each time you break during a set of 11 OHS…perform 5 Up-Down Over Bar.
Advice from our coaches:
1. Choose an option on the Toes to Bar that will allow only 2-3 breaks.
2. Aim for 1-2 sets on the OHS. If needed, scale to front squats.
CFML – Ardmore: Don’t miss your 1pm meeting! Beginning Oct. 7th we now offer an 11am CrossFit class on Fridays.
Retail Spotlight! Have you checked out our beverages lately? We have Nirvana Waters now available! This water strengthens muscles and bones with infused HMB and vitamin D3, it reduces muscle recovery time from exercise, soreness, and injury, and decreases muscle loss and degradation from activity and aging.
|Stuff your coach is reading, hearing, watching, using or buying|
Four Exercises to Fix Your Neck Pain
Neck pain is a common problem, especially because we all spend a lot of time staring at a screen. Use these exercises to help relieve your pain.
IT Band Rehab
Your IT Band runs down the side of your leg, but can cause pain that manifests on the outside of your knee.
GET THAT REHAB.
What Supplements Actually Work
Talking to people in your box, you’ll hear a lot about new supplements you should be taking. But which ones should you actually be thinking about? And which ones are a waste of your money?
RIDE THE GAIN TRAIN.